Cyclist Magazine

I rarely pick up cycling magazines these days, as I always leaf through the ones over in the sales department at work, or I tend to get my hit of daily cycling news via the plethora of online channels. However, a couple of articles in the recently launched 'Cyclist' magazine caught my eye, so I purchased my maiden copy, and I have to say I was suitably impressed.
Pitching itself in the quality end of the mag market, at a fiver a pop, you get a nice thick mag printed on heavy duty paper, with a really good variety of articles within, with lots of tech reviews (this issue carrying a heart-palpitation inducing look at the Parlee Z5i), and a wicked feature on the simply breathtaking Trollstigen region of Norway. The photos are great, making the ride look suitably gritty and dare I say, epic.
Delving inside the issue, is a nice in depth interview with Simon Mottram, aka Mr Rapha, where he talks about his passion for road riding and his brands core belief of suffering through glory. One can find a cool Q&A with Garmin's Dan Martin, and products reviews are shot uniquely, with a decent feature piece on the modern cycling shoe.
There's also an article on the wicked event I rode a couple of years ago, the Rad Am Ring, which is basically a gnarly 24hr race (team or solo) around the 28km full Nurburgring motor circuit. If I described this ride as "F**king bonkers" it wouldn't even come close. Id recommend it in a heartbeat to any rider looking for a bit of a thrill and hammering round chicanes at silly speed in pitch black darkness in the forest! Cracking stuff....
This is issue 7, and I believe there are some current subscriptions offers to entice new readers over at their website. The mag is a nice accompaniment to Rouleur, with decent features and tech reviews. Check it out...

3 comments:

Jeff Barkema said...

Been thinking about subscribing to this recently as well. I bought the iPad version of this same issue (I too am drooling over the Z5i) and everything you say is spot on.

Bianchista said...

Yeah gotta admit Jeff, I was actually really impressed with the variety of stuff they write about, and it seems all the stuff im interested in. Will probably put in a subscription actually!

Mike said...

Heh, I was very kindly gifted a copy of this issue ages ago and I still haven't found time to read it :(

Post a Comment