Surrey Dawn Raid

This morning myself and my two skids buds Dr Jones & RowRow hit the hills in Surrey for a ride. Riding over to Kingston to meet was pretty amazing due to the weather, Richmond Park was covered in a mystical-looking low fog around 7am, I could barely see a thing.
We decided upon a nice 130km route, foregoing the norm of heading out to cobham-whitedown-box hill. It was great to actually hit some new lanes, thoroughly enjoyed I have to say.
I think iv got this whole training thing backwards and actually peaked for the off-season... I found my legs with a boom today and hit them both with some cunning attacks early on the hills, taking a few scalps! Upon reaching Box Hill (New p.b attained.... whoop!) Dr J decided to be a madman and hit the lanes for an extra long solo loop, obviously taking his Exmoor beast training super serious! Jim impressed blowing us away for dust on the last few lumps, although it has to be said Row was never in contention with a hangover and a breakfast of leftover Subway (Must try harder).
My leg felt as good as its felt for the past 6 months, I still had a residual pain in my calf that niggles away, but the foot sensation seemed to have improved vastly, due to refining my cleat float and working on my posture I suspect. It was a great ride as my confidence is high and Im more determined than ever to avoid heading under the surgeon's knife to fix my back discs, Im going to try and be more committed to physio and alternative solutions - such a perfect ride has me thinking that I don't think I could bear to be off my bike for any period of time at the moment. I heart my bike.

6 comments:

Angelo Giangregorio said...

I like these photos, Gem.

Bianchista said...

thank you very kind! i really must get a good compact (my sigma dp1s is too big) for riding - i always resort to using my iphone and the quality isnt so great!

Angelo Giangregorio said...

Same problem here,
I think that my ricoh gr2 is only a fraction smaller than the dp1.
No definitive clue...

Bianchista said...

hmm.... someone needs to make basically a beautiful rangefinder with fast lens all in a tiny package! come on canon! :-)

Stefan R. said...

panasonic LX3 now LX5. only (no go) f/8, not enough if you have a sunny day, to get dynamic pictures. ;)

Bianchista said...

thanks Stefan - going to try and get some movement pictures later!

Post a Comment