Cycle Show 2009

So i popped down to the Cycle Show at Earl's Court on Saturday, and heres what i thought:

1) I need to find £7k. thats 2 for electronic Dura Ace, and 5 for the sub 1kg per pair mavic climbing wheels. The dura ace has the be ridden to be believed. Amazing bit of kit, im totally enamoured with it!
2) The retail zone sucked bar the ibikelondon.com stand (future post to come soon on them). I have been rocking my tshirts since saturday...
3) Coming second in the wattbike 500m sprint challenge in the open womens category sucked, especially when by a 0.6 second margin.
4) James yet again owned Simon on the wattbikes.
5) Pegorettis barbed wire paint job was fresh.
6) I REALLY regret not going and speaking to Russel Downing and Malc Elliot on the Pinarello/Corima stand. My absolute two fave uk riders.
7) The Assos stand was amazing and I want EVERYTHING.
8) The £1 sausage baguettes from the cafe outside still rule, after moving jobs at the beginning of the year I have missed them, and was delighted to be reunited with them.
9) Disappointed i couldnt buy and cool bits I had on my schwag list, like embrocation.
10) Im not that into Condor bikes.... there I said it. Contraversial I know.
11) Make a component in white and im there!

Looking forward to next year...



I tried out the tron-inspired electronic dura ace, and I am so in love with it. The trimming on the front derailleur eliminating cross chain rub was amazing.



Sprint-Face baby!


Simon laying some watts out

 
HED-ache




White shit! yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment